Let’s face it, organising your finances is probably the last thing on your mind.
Your life is complex enough already, right? Juggling the demands of work, family, social life and trying to find time for yourselves too. It seems like there’s just not enough hours in the day to get everything done.
But taking the time to take care of your finances shouldn’t be overlooked – ignoring them could be costing you thousands.
What does ‘organising your finances’ really mean?
Here are a few questions to get you thinking.
Do you always pay your bills on time?
Do you know where your Superannuation is held, and how much you have?
Do you have a retirement plan?
Do you know how to minimize your tax bill?
If you answered yes to these questions, you’re well on your way to having your finances in order. Well done.
But if, like lots of people, your answered ‘no’ or ‘not sure’, it’s time to take control of your finances. Whatever your age or stage of life, it’s never too late to get on top of your money and get it working harder for you.
it’s time to take control of your finances. Whatever your age or stage of life, it’s never too late to get on top of your money and get it working harder for you.
Organising your finances can change your life
If you’re not yet convinced, here are 7 ways organizing your finances properly can change your life.
- You can manage your debt and be free of it quicker. Learning how to pay off your debts earlier could shave years off your mortgage payments and save on credit card interest.
- You’ll discover your bad money habits. Most people have some, whether it’s paying bills late or ‘just one more latte’. Taking a magnifying glass to those tendencies will show you where you’re wasting your dollars.
- You’ll discover new ways to save money. There are a lot of strategies and wealth products available, knowing which ones are the best for your circumstances and goals can really boost your overall financial situation.
- You’ll have better control of your Superannuation. As of 30 June 2017, there were more than 6.3 million lost and ATO-held accounts with a total value of just under $18 billion*. Make sure you’re not in those statistics! Accounting for all your Super and keeping it performing is important to your long-term goals.
- You’ll have less personal admin every month. Simple, small changes like automating payments can save you a lot of time and overdue account fees.
- You’ll be better prepared for the future. With your finances in top shape, you’ll be able to weather life’s sunshine and storms.
- Your wishes can be honoured once you’re gone – Planning how your estate will be distributed when you’re gone and formalising this in a legal will brings peace of mind and is an important part of your financial plan.
Where to start
With all these options open to you, you may be wondering how and where to start. Perhaps you don’t think of yourself as a ‘numbers person’ or have the time to dedicate to it.
Don’t worry, you can get help and advice from trained and experienced finance professionals, so you don’t have to try and work it all out yourself.
But how do you find the right kind of finance professional for your needs, and how do you know they’re experienced and qualified for the job?
We’re here to help
That’s exactly the challenge Organisse.com was created to solve. We help people just like you find the finance professionals you can trust with the right qualifications and experience for the job. So you can get on with your life.